Monday, January 16, 2012

New Start

It's been over a year since I posted anything, and what a year it was. In a line reminiscent from the old Bill Mauldin cartoons; I felt like a fugitive from the law of averages as friends departed this world at an alarming rate. I see this year as a chance to restart a lot of things I enjoy in life, things I let slide by last year. I only shot in one match last year - I must shoot in many more this year! And fish more! And boat more! Oh, and I should probably throw in finishing my PhD as well... at some point. I started kayaking on a local lake last Fall as a diversion, and loved it. I'd done a little sea kayaking before when I lived in Alaska, but it had been years ago. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed being right on the water, and this was low-impact kayaking; flat water, big, stable boat, and no spray skirt. Terribly addictive, it was! I'm looking forward to warmer weather to get on the water again.

The upshot of this rambling post? I think I'll make an effort to reactivate this blog and it's wanderings on the life a sportsman, listening intently for the Red Gods...

No comments:

Post a Comment